M&ES-ITS-TC Co-chairs and contacts (since 2014)
- Yanqing Gao (email@example.com), Oregon Institute of Technology
- Xinyue Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org), Zhejiang University,China
Short description of M&ES-ITS-TC
The Mechatronics technology is the integration product of mechanics, microelectronics and information science, which combing mechanical technology, computer and information processing technology, automatic control technology, detection and sensing technology, servo drive technology and system technology. It is composed of communication, monitoring, lighting, security monitoring and control, and other subsystems which can ensure the safe operation of vehicles in the Intelligent Transport System. The embedded system is embedded as part of a complete device including hardware and mechanical parts. It is adopted to control many devices in the application of emergency vehicle notification systems, automatic road enforcement, collision avoidance systems and other intelligent transportation areas.
In order to further promote the technological progress and enhance the capability of independent innovation of the Intelligent Transport System, the mission of the Technical Committee on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems in Intelligent Transport System is engaged in technology development, dissemination and promotion, and technical consulting services of the mechatronic and embedded systems in the Intelligent Transport System. By gathering and giving full play to the advantages of the multi-disciplinary researches on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems in Intelligent Transport System, we can improve the traffic efficiency and safety, make the transportation services and management intelligent, and promote the development of transportation in the world.
Work Plan for 2017
1. ITS Society Dissemination/Membership activity
We would like to prepare for forming Chinese Chapter of IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society. We will contact the members, especially Senior Member of Fellow grade, to explain our plan, and organize one or several meeting for discussing the roadmap for forming the chapter. We hope to form the chapter successfully after one-year preparation.
2. Distinguished Lecture at one of our ITSS local chapters
We would like to organize a distinguished lecture on moving object detection at Chinese chapter, which is to be formed. Moving object detection plays an important role in nowadays’ intelligent transportation. Typically, as a part of the pre-processing stage for automated activity monitoring, moving object detection is widely used in object tracking, traffic monitoring, behavior recognition and unusual event detection. Despite its importance, moving object detection in complex environments is far from being completely mastered. In general, in real-world situations, either indoor or outdoor, variations in illumination cannot be ignored. Outdoor scenes can be affected by sunlight, occasionally leading to global changes caused by the apparent movement of the sun, or to local changes such as shadows and reflections. With indoor scenes, immediate illumination changes can be caused by lights being switched on or off. Furthermore, dynamic background elements, such as small camera jitter, slow moving clouds, and waving leaves, are difficult to deal with. The situation becomes even more difficult in environments with a mixture of these challenges.
One of the potential lecturers we would like to invite is Prof. SHUN’ICHI, KANEKO in Hokkaido University, Japan. His research interests include machine and robot vision, image sensing and understanding, and robust image registration. Especially, he has published a lot of important papers on moving object detection.
Committee Members List
- Kaneko Shun’ichi, kaneko＠ssi.ist.hokudai.ac.jp, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Takahiro Ogawa, email@example.com, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Yutaka Satoh, firstname.lastname@example.org, Information Technology Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Zheng Chen, email@example.com, Ocean College, Zhejiang University, China
- Zaixing He, firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
- Dong Liang, email@example.com, College of Computer Science & Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, China
- Jinghui Fang, firstname.lastname@example.org, College of Mechanical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
- Ming Fang, email@example.com, School of computer science and technology, Changchun University of Science and Technology, China
- Huan Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology，China
- Liu Ningzhong, email@example.com, Computer Science and Technology College，Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics，China
- Han Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org, Computer Science and Technology College，Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics，China
- Mingwu Ren, email@example.com, School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology，China