Trans5.0-TC Chair and Co-chairs
- Fei-Yue Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Petros A. Ioannou (email@example.com) University of Southern California, USA
- Xiaoming Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) North China University of Technology, China
- Markos Papageorgiou (email@example.com) Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Chip White (firstname.lastname@example.org) Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Short description of Trans5.0-TC
Nowadays, powerful new computing methods, advanced sensing techniques, and big data in cyber, physical, and social spaces can be easily utilized. It is time to promote the field of computational transportation to integrate and lift the current work in computer simulation and computational analysis of transportation systems to a new and higher ground.
With explicit and fundamental considerations for connected and real-time social and human aspects into ITS, we believe we can leap from computational transportation to Transportation 5.0, which is based on Cyber-Physical-Social Systems (CPSS), a step beyond Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS). More specifically, Transportation 5.0 includes software defined transportation systems, O2O (online to offline and vice versa) computational transportation experiments, and parallel transportation with knowledge automation for closed-loop control and management with society-wide feedback.
The mission of TC on Transportation 5.0 is to advance the technology and promote a synergy and forums for researchers, engineers, and related communities and societies towards CPSS based Transportation 5.0.
The TC on Transportation 5.0 aims to address the issues which include, but are not limited to: physical and social sensing of transportation systems, traffic and transportation analytics with big data and social signals, traffic prescription with social media, transportation systems modeling with software defined transportation systems, computational transportation experiment design and analysis, ITS knowledge automation, traffic management and control with society-wide feedback, etc.
Work Plan for 2017
Organize a Workshop of Transportation 5.0 in IEEE 2017 International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2017).
Fei-Yue Wang (CASIA), Wei Chen(ZJU, PRC), Pu Wang(CSU, PRC), Xiao Wang (CASIA, PRC)
With the fast development and application of sensing, computing, and networking technologies, social media, wearable and mobile devices have produced huge volumes of real-time social and physical signals for transportation systems. Transportation 5.0, an emerging field of transportation research and applications, is based on Cyber-Physical-Social Systems (CPSS). Transportation systems, as one of the most complex man-made systems, face a number of complicated and cost/time/space-critical tasks. The goal of this workshop is to encourage people to solve or address these tasks by introducing CPSS based ITS, which can make better use of the pervasive real-time social signals as well as the physical signals. The main idea is to apply the CPSS based ITS technologies to conduct traffic planning, assignment, navigation, localization and transportation analytics with lower cost, higher accuracy, faster speed, more agility and full response. We hope this workshop can attract transportation researchers and practitioners to join us along this promising new direction in ITS.
List of Topics:
- Software defined transportation systems
- O2O (online to offline and vice versa) computational transportation experiments
- Social transportation: traffic and transportation analytics with Big Data and social signals
- Crowdsourcing mechanisms for transportation-based Internet of Everything
- New and smart ITS services beyond location-based services (LBS): decision-based services (DBS), task-based services (TBS), information or intelligence-based services (IBS) or knowledge-based services (KBS)
- ITS with Mobile Internet, Cloud Computing, and Internet of Things, Services, and Everything
- Parallel transportation with knowledge automation
- Cyber-Physical-Social Systems (CPSS) for transportation
A Technical Demonstration of Transportation 5.0 in the City of Qingdao, China.
Qingdao Academy of Intelligent Industries
IEEE ITSS Shandong Local Chapter
In this demonstration, we will show what and how Cyber-Physical-Social Systems (CPSS) based Transportation 5.0 is in Qingdao, China. We will show the software defined transportation system of Qingdao, which is the first city wide artificial transportation system in the world. Based on the software defined transportation systems of Qingdao, we will demonstrate the large scale computational experiment platform for traffic analytics, management and control. By parallel execution of the real Qingdao transportation system and the artificial Qingdao transportation system, we show how and to what extent the traffic signal control efficiency improves significantly. We will also show the traffic sentiment monitoring and analytics system in Qingdao with social media and online web data, which help to predict and reason traffic scenarios.
Qingdao Academy of Intelligent Industries & Qingdao Public Safety Bureau.
Date: July 6, 2017.
Committee Members List
- Long Chen (email@example.com) Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau
- David Good (firstname.lastname@example.org) Indiana University-Bloomington, USA
- Li Li (email@example.com) Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, China
- Lingxi Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) Indiana Univ.-Purdue Univ. Indianapolis, USA
- Kunfeng Wang (email@example.com) Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Fenghua Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org) Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Henry Liu (email@example.com) University of Michigan, USA
- Azim Eskandarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) Virginia Tech, USA
- Dongpu Cao (email@example.com) Cranfield University, UK
- Fang Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden