ND&DA-TC Co-chairs and contacts (since 2014)
- Pujitha Gunaratne (firstname.lastname@example.org), Toyota Motor Engineering and
Manufacturing North America.
- Kazuya Takeda (email@example.com), Nagoya University, Japan
Short description of ND&DA-TC
The IEEE-ITSS committee on Naturalistic Driving Data Analytics was established on October 09, 2014 in the ITS Society Technical Committee meeting during ITSC 2014.
The goal of this Technical Committee is to promote the science of producing meaningful inferences of real world driving situations from large scale naturalistic driving datasets to develop intervening technologies for the deployment in Intelligent Transportation eco system.
Understanding driver behaviors and traffic flow dynamics in real world driving context are important for the development of intervening technologies for Intelligent Vehicles. Understanding of driver state, driving characteristics in different modes of automated driving, and the environment of driving are focused areas to enhance the capabilities of intervention for safe and effective deployment of such technologies. Naturalistic Driving data provide a wealth of information and a snapshot of real-world driving situations. However, these data streams are inherently heterogeneous due to the inhomogeneous nature of sensor suites and data collection platforms used. Therefore, our intention of Naturalistic Driving data analysis is focused on using multi-modal approaches to analyze heterogeneous big driving datasets to produce meaningful inferences of real-world driving situations for the safe deployment of intervening technologies in Intelligent Vehicle applications.
- Naturalistic driving data collection and sharing
- Robust data compression and annotation
- Understanding naturalistic driving behavior and modeling
- Driver-Vehicle interaction and HMI
- Driving risk analysis, modeling, and intervention
Work Plan for 2017
1. Activities related to ITSS conferences
Workshop and technical track for Naturalistic Driving Data Analytics at 2017 Intelligent Vehicle symposium (IV17).
2. Activities related to ITSS Publications
Special issue or section in the transactions on ITS targeting 2017.
3. Other technical activities
Committee Members List
- Dr. Pujitha Gunaratne, Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Kazuya TAKEDA, Nagoya University, Japan. email@example.com. http;//www.g.sp.m.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp/
- Dr. Chiyomi Miyajima, Nagoya University, Japan. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Selpi, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. email@example.com, http://www.chalmers.se/en/staff/Pages/selpi.aspx
- Dr. Takashi Bando, DENSO International America, Inc., USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Helena Gellerman
- Prof. Mohan Trivedi