Welcome to the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society‘s Technical Activities site.
Technical Activities is a very important leg of every technical association, IEEE and ITSS in particular. Most of us, we are technicians, engineers, scientists, professors, etc. within a wide
range of topics related to Intelligent Transportation.
Technical Activities are all the collective activities that we organize as an association, such as Special Sessions, Workshops or Tutorials, at conferences; Public Demos; Disseminate Activities, to let the Big Public be aware of what’s the buzz at ITS; Challenges or Competitions; Summer Schools and more. As volunteers, we like to contribute to the community dedicating some of our time to organize all of that, because we like it!
Here we have the structure of all the Technical Activities we organize in a number of of Technical Committees (TCs).
We have an annual meeting, typically during our ITSS Flagship conference ITSC, this year in Yokohama, Japan, where we discuss strategy, share best practices and plans for the coming year. In that meeting we share the yearly report and we plan for the next year.
Also, we give an award in a yearly basis to the most active Technical Committee.
All our Technical Committees’ Chairs are prestigious well know researchers and practitioners, that were or will soon be elected by the ITS Society members community. Please, see below the on-going plans and past activity of every one of our our Technical Committees! Feel free to contact them or me for engaging our thrilling mission.
- Artificial Transportation Systems and Simulation
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for Mobility
- Communication Networks
- Cooperative Driving
- Ethics and Social Implications of ITS
- Human Factors in ITS
- Intelligence and Security Information for Transportation Systems
- ITS Education
- Mechatronic and Embedded Systems in ITS
- Naturalistic Driving Data Analytics
- Railroad Systems and Applications
- Self Driving Automobiles
- Smart Cities and Smart Mobility
- Social Transportation Systems
- Sustainable Transportation
- Traffic and Travel Management
- Transportation 5.0
- Vehicle Safety Technologies and Applications