CD-TC Co-chairs and contacts
- Li Li (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tsinghua University, China
- Dongpu Cao (email@example.com), University of Waterloo, Canada
Short description of CD-TC
On the basis of theories and methodologies borrowed from a wide spectrum of disciplines, such as the Social Sciences, Distributed Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Multi-Agent Systems, Parallel Theory and many others, many important issues arise which challenge and motivate many researchers and practitioners from multidisciplinary fields, as well as different technical and scientific communities. The TC on Cooperative Driving aims to foster activities on issues related to cooperative driving in order to alleviate traffic jams and reduce/prevent collisions for intelligent vehicles, in a wide spectrum of applications and in different dimensions. This TC is expected to build upon a proper environment to disseminate knowledge and motivate interactions among the technical and scientific communities, practitioners and students, allowing state-of-the-art concepts and advances to be further developed and enhanced.
The main topics of interest to TC on Cooperative Driving include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Communication, Computing, and Networking in Cyber Physical Systems
- Energy Harvesting Wireless Communications
- Promises and Challenges of Machine Learning in Communication Networks
- Parallel Learning-based Cooperative Driving System for Autonomous Vehicles
- 5G and Cooperative Autonomous Driving
- Integrating Communications, Control, and Computing Technologies for Smart Grid
- Parallel Theory based Smart Cities
- Inter-vehicle communications and vision systems
- V2V, V2X, and ADAS systems for autonomous vehicles
- Intrusion detection systems specific to autonomous vehicles
- Security issues in 5G for autonomous cooperative driving
Work Plan for 2018
1) Organizing Special Session on Cooperative Driving in autonomous vehicles on the 2018 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium and attendance to the TC meeting.
2) Organizing Workshop on Cooperative Driving strategies for non-signalized intersections on the 2019 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium
Keynote “Cooperative Driving at Blind Crossings Using Intervehicle Communication”.
Keynote “A Survey of Traffic Control with Vehicular Communications”
3) Future activities related to ITSS conferences
Consolidate the Special Sessions within IEEE ITS Conferences;
Consolidate the successful series of the Workshop on Cooperative Driving in autonomous vehicles, within IEEE IV Conferences;
4) Activities related to ITSS Publications
Promote Students’ Activities at IEEE ITS Society’s Conferences and IEEE ITS’s Journals, related to topics of interest to our Technical Committee on Cooperative Driving.
5) Other technical activities
Create a strong group of members, and motivate memberships for IEEE ITS Society
Promote activities to foster networking between TC on Cooperative Driving’s member
Committee Members List